Well, friends, I've been at this blogging business for roughly a month, and I think I'm out of things to say. So it's been great, thanks for reading -- GOOD NIGHT!!
Just kidding. I really AM out of things to say, but is that going to stop me from writing? Hell no!! So here is a collection of random thoughts for your reading enjoyment. Considering that this is alumni weekend at the medium-sized midwestern university where I work, and that I worked 13 hours on Thursday and will work about 16 hours both today and tomorrow, I'm doing well to come up with anything at all.
1. My darling daughter called the babysitter a dumbass yesterday. She meant it as a term of endearment, it appears. Lucky for me Miss Dee-Dee has a sense of humor. My little sweet potato also bit Miss Dee-Dee on the ass and laughed hysterically about it.
2. On Thursday morning, a college student called me "ma'am." On Thursday evening, an alumna from the class of 1959 asked me if I was a college student. I guess everything is relative, isn't it?
3. I repent of posting an unflattering photo of my sister. I'm not taking it down, but I repent. I will go and sin no more.
4. Women in their 70s are not meant to show cleavage. Trust me on this.
5. I have a date coming up in the next couple of weeks. This will be the first time I've been out with someone besides Dr. Wonderful in approximately 15 years. To say I'm a bit nervous would be a gross understatement.
6. I wish I had gotten a Ph.D. so I could wear one of those cool velvet and satin hood things. I think I have hood envy. An unidentified co-worker of mine tried on the robe and hood of the university president yesterday. It was the awesomest and made her look super smart. I have a photo of her wearing it, and if I ever get really mad at her, I'm emailing it to the president.
7. I will spend much of this weekend driving elderly people around in golf carts.
8. As much fun as it is to drive elderly people around in golf carts, I hate not seeing my daughter all weekend. She'll be hanging with Grandma, though, so she'll never even miss me.
9. The doctor informed me this week that I must start exercising. I am NOT happy about this.
10. I do not like people. I have known this about myself for many years now. So explain to me how I ended up in a job that requires me to spend most of my time smiling and making nice with . . . PEOPLE!! GAAAAH!!
Okay, I quit. This is the world's most uninteresting blog post, and there's no point in making either of us suffer through it any longer. I promise I'll try to do better next week! Carry on.